Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Q: When is an mmo sub not worth it?

A. When you aren't using it.

Since my last post (two weeks ago) I've managed to log in 5-6 hours of play time. Depending on who you are, that may or may not be a lot.
That is a lot!

But for me, that is what I used to log in a day. 6 days a week. So 6 hours a fortnight (and it'll be 3 weeks, since I don't see myself having a spare night before Sunday), is an insanely minuscule amount.
Is SWTOR to blame? No.
I think it is agreed that the biggest strength of swtor is the leveling game, and I've not yet finished that. And I am looking terribly much forward to starting to tank instances. So no, I am not tired of swtor. I am just out of time for any swtor.
It sucks.
What sucks more is that after a 6 month of waiting for said swtor with nothing decent to play (I was in fact so bored out of my skull that I levelled a mage to 85 so my wow-guild could get its "that takes class" (or whatever the "get each class of each race to 85 achievement" is called. And let me tell you. MAGES ARE BORING).

So then swtor launches and out comes Kingdoms of Amalur. And ME3. And Diablo3 (and I guess DOTA2) ect ect. So I am swamped.
And I don't even have time for the game I am loving as it is.

Kids. blast em. They are so cute and wobbly and they cry. And before you know it, it's 10PM and you know she is going to wake you at 5 am. So you don't log on.
Obviously she is not the only excuse, I've been social with my wife, and her friends. and my friends.

I guess, what I am saying is, that for the first time since purchasing an mmo, Im starting to look at the cost. At the moment swtor is like a gym membership. You pay for it, but you never use it.
My economy isn't strecthed or anything, so it is an expense I can afford. But the question is, do I want to.

Part of me have started to dream about wow again. Log in, run an heroic, chat with people. log out. But that was the point of swtor for me. No more raids (because I know I wont have the time), no more arena. Just levelling ONE tank and play with lightsabres.

Well that was the plan at least. Run a dungeon whenever I had time. What I had not counted on was a) nobody seems to RUN dungeons in swtor because dailies+pvp give better gear (or so I've read) and b) I dont even have time for effing GET to max level.

I love this game. It is a great game. It is like wow, but with focus on story and with lightsabres and big fucking guns. Q: What else could you ask for?

A: Time to play it

1 comment:

  1. Switch to empire and our server and join our guild. We run dungeons and can always use a tank for that.

    ReplyDelete