Friday, September 30, 2011

the Swtor beta mail gate or the swtorgate

So that was a new way for me to wake up. Checked my phone, saw two mails from bioware. Something about beta.

WOKE THE FUcK UP

Turned on pc, logged into www.swtor.com/tester saw nothing new. Got confused. Read email more in depth than just the header. Oh fyi this is what the mails looked like


And this is what the headers looked like (those are taken from Reddit)

Turns out it was all a huge mistake, because I am still not in any beta

Earlier today, two e-mails were sent to members of the Star Wars: The Old Republic community. These e-mails were sent to a larger group than intended, and have caused some confusion in the community. We can confirm that these e-mails were from EA and BioWare and apologize for any confusion they have caused. Please note that receiving these e-mails does not affect your chances to be invited to test the game. Thank you all for your understanding! 

Some people are (and I am not kidding here) threatening to cancel their order of the game over this. Personally, something like this doesn't bother me. It was a human error and not anything deliberate. Bioware has made it clear that this means nothing to the beta-testing status of those who received me mails (aka we are not flagged as having participated and will therefor not be eligible for another test). Those of us who received this erroneous mail are neither better or worse of than anyone else. We where just lucky to get this years best wake-up call.

I am still looking forward to the game, very much so. And I am still very much hoping to get into beta (either testing or a weekend) so I can honey-pot lure more of my friends to start playing this.

You can do it guys, get that Swtor

 So in short: Got a fun email, doesn't affect anything. Still looking forward to the game.
Happy escalated f5 day everyone (aka friday-update day)

No comments:

Post a Comment