Friday, July 2, 2010

Dwarf Warlocks!! Thats Awsome


It is indeed official.

How long have I longed for this?

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,—I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!—and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
I think this is a very fitting scene for the most über relevation that has been.. ehm revealed in Cata, so far.

I might have mentioned this before, both here and in verious comments over the blog-o-sphere, but it is worth mentioning again:
Dwarf+warlock=THIIIIIS

I mean this is the one thing that will make a certain warlock tremble in his mighty boots.

Oh and in the middle of awsomeness I forgot this: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24702205296/race-class-balance-between-horde-alliance/
The official confirmation link.

But then...

In the middle of all this happy-running around yelling "awsooooommmeeee" (mrs dwism has a little film of me doing this), i stopped to think.
Don't you just hate when that happens? Thinking ruins too many awsome moments in life. This was one of those times.
Because here is the kicker: I do not think I'll ever roll a dwarf Warlock.

Ill just let that one sink in.

All my char slots are already filled out on hellscream. I do not have the space there to roll a dwarf warlock. And since my friends on other servers are all playing horde, I cannot fathom me rolling alliance on any other server. ever. Because, what would be the point? I have an ally guild that I am so very content with playing in, so the only reason to play on any server would be to play with RL friends.
Ain't that one of lifes little ironic kickers? I finally get the combo I've been yearning for, for years. And I can't play it!

The hell with it. My one Horde on hellscream is about to get preparred for a gender and race-change. More money to blizz, more dwarfs to me. Everyone is happy. 

7 comments:

  1. Or you could join the hordes of altoholics (like me) who are hoping that Blizzard will increase the available character slots per server, what with the new races and all... 0:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is that too, yea. GIIF 15 slots per server please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, I couldn't believe this post wasn't already up, so I put the comment int he previous one.
    I want a copy of that video! How much is Mrs. Dwism asking for?
    I have also all slots on Hellscream covered, one for each class, so no space for worgens or goblins (and not, I'm not going to pay for a race change, the *urnak family must stay at all costs!) but I'd consider paying some small fee for an extra slot. Some branch of the *urnak family moved long ago to Gilneas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know me too well old friend :D

    I'm not given her contact information out, for this very reason!!

    I have a feeling that before not too long, one of the members of the urnak family will start to grow hair in strange new places... Just saying.
    (you will cave in at some point, i know)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You see, that's why I've purposely left free a few spots on my main server...just in case something this awesome came around. But don't you ever just want a toon somewhere on some other server that nobody knows about so that you can go there and not be bothered for an hour or so? No? Just me then. Good luck with that gender/race change!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 3 of those already...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry Gronthe, Blizzard will add paid extra slots. It's one of the questions in the Blizzard survey sent not long ago. And knowing they need any source of income (race changes, server transfers, winged ponies...) this will be implemented. After all I've always found 10 characters per server very limiting, counting all my existing characters around 4 servers (Hellscream, Argent Dawn, Aggramar and Lightbringer) I have 23 characters, 11 of them at max level and well geared (ok, call me nolifer!)

    ReplyDelete